Sunday, February 21, 2010

Trouble

Hey, sorry about the long silence.  I have been dealing with a lot lately at school.  I have been struggling with getting the interpreters I need which is a little bit annoying.  I keep getting interpreters who arrive late or cannot do the job properly.  Hopefully the managers will be fixing the situation soon.  


I also have a person almost stalking me.  That is really getting to me.  He started coming over last semester and wanted to talk to me because I was Deaf.  It was a little weird then because he stayed for hours that night and seemed to get a little too close for comfort.  He wanted to see all of the adaptive equipment I used and when I showed him my videophone he saw my number so now he calls me.  He comes around all the time wanting to hang out even if I am not in the mood.  Whenever I say no he gets annoyed with me and follows me around so I have stopped responding whenever possible.  I'm not sure what the best route to go is with this situation but I am talking with my supervisor tomorrow and I am thinking of changing my number.  We shall see what happens...


Anyways, on to positive things... I am getting my surgery for my jaw in less than a month.  Its hard to believe that I might be pain free in just a few weeks!  That is such a awesome thought!!!!  Some of my friends are planning on visiting me in the hospital after surgery so I am excited for that as well... They make any situation better...  I remember after one of my jaw surgeries, some friends came to visit and they just made me laugh and be happier.  Laughing made me hurt but I just couldn't help it.  They are so great!


I had a meeting with my adviser a few days ago and I have about 25 more required credits before I can graduate!  I am so excited to graduate and get my teacher license and then get my Master degree in Deaf education.  So much to do but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!


My sister got a dog today and they came to visit me at school.  It is a little YorkiePoo (or something like that).  It is 10 weeks old and so darn cute!  I think I am going to have to visit home more often!  After my sister visited I started the process of getting a hearing dog.  It didn't work out the first time but I'm hoping this time might be better! 


I am trying to get plans in place to hold a lanyard workshop but with this stalker person I mentioned above I just am being more cautious and so I haven't been getting much done...


Have a good Sunday!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I hate that you have someone messing with your peace of mind. Hopefully, the situation will resolve. Don't worry about the workshop. It will happen when it is meant to be. Let me know whether you want me to order beads for you or give you a budget and let you buy your supplies yourself.

Vickie