Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hit the Ground Running

Well to be totally honest I wasn't running.  I participated in a 5K Fun Run/Walk this morning.  I haven't really done anything that requires a lot of strength or stamina since I had Gullian Barre and was in a wheelchair in 2004.  I decided to walk because my strength and stamina is so low.  This was my first attempt at a 5K.  I wasn't able to do the whole walk but I completed a 2.5K.  My time was 28:28.  I have plans for another 5K in two weeks so I am hoping to complete the 5K or improve my 2.5K time.  I have a goal to run a marathon someday.  It may not be for a while since I have a lot of strength to regain but making the decision is the first step right?  I am very excited to try to do this.  I am going to try to set up a training routine to gain some strength in between the events.  Hopefully I will be able to write in the future about actually running a 5K and eventually completing a marathon!

No comments: