Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hello!

Wow!  I haven't made a single comment on here for over a year!  Life has been busy!  I am going to try to make it on here more often.  I find that writing is very helpful for me to process things that have been going on in my life.  It allows me to share my successes and vent my frustrations. 


So, what has happened in my life since I last wrote?
  • I had my 22nd birthday on April 28th.
  • I graduated with my BS in Foundations in Elementary Education 
  • I worked at a Girl Scout camp in New Hampshire.  That camp was THE best I have ever worked at!  I was the waterfront director.  The drive over was about 23 hours but well worth the drive!  I met amazing people that were so very willing to give me a chance to succeed!  None of the other staff members were concerned that I couldn't hear.  They were very excited instead!  I had so much fun managing the waterfront.  My organization and management made the waterfront so efficient and safe that the ACA (American Camp Association) representatives very impressed when they came for our camp accreditation. 
  • I started my masters program in special education: deaf and hard of hearing at the University of Minnesota.
  • I was a CA (also known as an RA) in Sanford and Wilkins halls.  
  • I had surgery (dental cleaning) on April 20th
  • I turned 23 on April 28th
Those bullet points were big highlights of what has happened in the past year.  Very short and sweet.  I hope from now on to write more often!  Enjoy the wonder May weather!

No comments: