Saturday, April 11, 2009

Surgery

Well I had my mouth surgery on Thursday April 9th. The surgery was expected to be 3 hours but it ended up being 6 1/2 hours. It went better than I expected although now I am pretty sore. I haven't yet been able to eat anything solid. It hurts too much to chew or to open my mouth wider then the width of a finger. I am hoping it will get better soon!

After I got out of surgery and became more aware of my surroundings I checked some blogs that I regularly follow. I am sad to say that Erin Buenger passed away while I was in the operating room. I never met this amazing girl but I have been following her story for quite some time. She was a strong and courageous girl who fought neuroblastoma for 82 months. Everytime I checked her blog, it lifted my spirit. She was fighting for her life but she always had a smile on her face and encouraged others to live in each moment. Erin, you are greatly missed.

No comments: