Monday, April 13, 2009

Trying to Stay Positive

Well I am still in a lot of pain from surgery.  Basically everything from my shoulders on up is hurting along with nausea.  I don't think all of the anesthesia has exited my system yet and that stuff makes me pretty sick.  The muscles under my tongue are still swollen so moving my tongue much is a no no.  A banana is difficult to eat.  I am pretty much stuck with soup like foods for now.  Luckily today I don't have to babysit Tori (like I normally do Mondays) so I can relax and focus on catching up with assignments and getting well.  I found a song with lyrics that really speak to me in my situation and reminds me that this pain I have is only temporary.  One day I will go to heaven where there is no crying, pain, or burdens and I look foward to that.  The song is "There Will Be A Day" by Jeremy Camp.  In the mean time I will try to remain positive and live life to the fullest.

No comments: